Friday, April 20, 2012

Bionicle unkown mata nui figure prototype

Ever heard of a lego series named bionicle?, it was a great toy line and lasted almost ten years.  But in the first 2009 issue of brickmaster, there was a page that showed of all the glatorian and angori.  Then there was a mysterious figure that was lightly shaded and had a ? on it.  It had interested me and as i looked at it closer, it resembled the mata nui figure.  I am not making this up this is actually what I saw.  There were some differences I saw between this somewhat prototype and the final product.  I could see that the thornax launcher was on mata nui's shoulder unlike the final product in which it was just in his hand, now this is the part that interests me.  The reason why the thornax launcher was on his shoulder was because he had a sword, now on the final product there was no sword (it was only on the giant titan version toa mata nui) so that means that the $12.00 figure was originally supposed to have a SWORD?, this interests me to no end and the fact that this had never made it into the final cut AND the fact that I really want this "prototype" (I don't know if it is a prototype there is barely any info on it) because I want a mata nui with a sword that I CAN ACTUALLY AFFORD.  When I first saw this I had no idea who it was cause you know how it is with figures with ? marks on them. And then much later when I had the figure I looked closely at it and it did kinda look like mata nui.  Now you all know that the mata nui figure was released in summer 2009,  so if this is a prototype then this is a early EARLY prototype.  Also I could see some (possibly) unused parts, especially in the sword.  Now I would love to give you a picture but sadly I had lost the the issue.  So if you have the issue could you please send me the picture on a link in the comments section.  You will find it trust me.


BY AWESOMLY1


Send me a link to the image (if you can take it)

UPDATE: I managed to get my hands on the issue of brickmaster and managed to get
a pic of the prototype here is the prototype and the final product together
use bricklinks.  Bricklinks is a great site for lego fans around the world

1 comment: